Which Airline Flights are Singapore VTL 2022
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a huge impact on Singapore’s tourism industry. The COVID-19 restrictions prevent many tourists and travellers from entering the country.
The good news is that Singapore’s borders are now open to all fully vaccinated travellers, including permanent residents and Singapore citizens from Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) countries! If you travel to Singapore through VTL, you no longer need to go through quarantine, and once you’ve entered the country and completed the COVID-19 test, and get a negative result, you’ll be able to move outdoors without any constraints.
If you’re planning a trip to Singapore with your family, friends, or even just by yourself, this article will be of great assistance because we will be guiding you on the things you must be prepared for before entering Singapore, as well as some other important information about the VTL, such as how to know if a flight is a VTL, and so on. Let’s get started!
To enter Singapore and be eligible for quarantine-free travel, travellers should arrive on a Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) flight. However, you should be aware that not all flights that take off from VTL countries and regions and managed by an authorized airline are considered as VTL flights as well. Some airlines, particularly Singapore Airlines, offer both VTL and non-VTL flights on the same routes. As a traveller, it is your obligation to verify with your preferred airlines to confirm the days of operation and, of course, the flight numbers of the approved VTL flights. With that, here’s a list of things you should think about doing or checking to see whether your flight is VTL:
As mentioned above, some airlines offer both VTL and non-VTL flights on the same route. With that, you must be careful in selecting your flights because you might choose a non-VTL flight. Even if you’re departing from a VTL country or region, that still does not guarantee that you are eligible for quarantine-free travel in Singapore. The most important requirement for you to enter Singapore is a VTL flight from a VTL country as well.
If you book a VTL flight, it will be automatically detected in the booking system and marked with a VTL label. If you don’t see a VTL label in your booking system, it simply means you’re booking a non-VTL flight, or you can refresh the page to see if it does not really have a VTL label. An example of a VTL flight on Singapore Airlines is as follows:
Singapore Airlines now operates both VTL and non-VTL flights between Singapore and the VTL countries listed below:
|Brunei||Bandar Seri Begawan|
|United Arab Emirates||Dubai|
|United States of America||Houston|
You can fly to Singapore, visit, or even return without being quarantined if you’ve already been fully vaccinated. There are, however, a number of conditions and processes that you must be aware of before entering the country. The following are the entry requirements for Singapore:
- Long Term Pass Holder
- Short term visitors and work permit holders
- Singapore citizens and permanent residents
- Complete the VTL’s basic requirements and existing conditions.
- Fully vaccinated with WHO-recommended vaccinations for emergency usage.
- Show proof of vaccination that has been checked and accepted.
- Complete travel/transit history and VTL (air) trip needs.
- Check the VTL checklist thoroughly before departing for Singapore.
- Work permit holder residing in dorms
- Male non-Malaysian with a work permit in construction, the process industry, or a marine shipyard.
- CMP workers – entrance approval from the Ministry of Manpower or continuing industry activities for the CMP sectors
- Lane for work pass holders
- Vaccination documentation authorized (for all the allowed travelers, excluding work permit holders)
- Travelers must have the overseas vaccination certificate as part of their SG arrival card three days before leaving for PR/SC/LTPHs (for travelers who are not vaccinated in Singapore)
- Supervised self-administered ART at a Quick Test Centre or Combined Test Centre within 24 hours of arrival in Singapore; or
- Negative COVID-19 PCR test result or professional provision of ART within two days before departure.
- Vaccinated Travel Pass (Air) required 3 to 60 days before departure.
- Travel insurance with COVID-19
- Secure self-isolation lodging
- For contact tracing, use the TraceTogether smartphone application.
- Wear the mask unless you are eating or drinking.
- When tracing contacts in Singapore, always utilize the Trace Together mobile application and obey the rules and regulations.
- Follow the physical distance and avoid making too much touch with others in the vicinity.
Singapore took a wise step by using Vaccinated Travel Lanes. Singapore’s tourism industry will gradually recover, and many visitors, travelers, and even Singapore citizens who have been stuck by other states would now be allowed to enter the country with less difficulty and obligatory requirements. Many workers will definitely be relieved, especially since quarantine is no longer required. Overall, traveling to Singapore via VTL will be more convenient for both visitors and locals. We hope that this article has helped you understand how the new Vaccinated Travel Lane works for individuals who want to visit Singapore. Simply follow all of the conditions listed above before entering the country to ensure a smooth transaction and flight to Singapore.